Direct feeds from OTR editors expressing views on key issues and events in their industries, within and beyond the firm’s core coverage. Snapshots feature industry insights, source commentary and general observations.
Three of six restaurant industry consultants said growth in ghost kitchens -- facilities dedicated exclusively to off-premise orders -- is likely to continue through 2020 as restaurant companies look for ways to increase transactions, mitigate rising
Retailers and one Chinese supplier interviewed for OTR Global's athletic reports as well as five U.S.
Four of five suppliers selling into Dollar General Corp.
“Our factory started up on Monday, but we only have about 30% of our 800 workers back at the factory. The rest are all stranded in the provinces they visited due to travel bans in effect within China.
- European demand for alternative-fuel heavy-duty trucks remains very low in all countries
- LNG, electric solutions seen as unattractive because of lack of refueling/charging infrastructure, high purchase prices, lack of incentives, unclear resale value, limited range for electric heavy
Nike Inc. continues to refine distribution and has issued new global shipping rules for wholesale accounts.
- 4Q19 shipments from Taiwan’s top 5 server ODMs expected up approximately 4% qq (vs.
- Shortage of 14 nm CPUs likely caused by back-end packaging problems related to equipment, packaging or testing
- INTC’s production shortfall estimated around 10 million desktop and laptop PC CPUs for 4Q19 (approximately15% of total 68-70 million demand); no shortage of server CPU
- New European CO2 standards for trucks and other heavy-duty vehicles will be implemented in 2025, but demand for alternative fuel trucks remains very low
- CNHI’s Iveco pivoting away from gas solutions to favor cooperation with Nikola Motor Co.
Snapshots are posted on a two-week delay.