Part-Time Researcher - Healthcare
Role & Responsibilities
OTR Global's Healthcare group has an established reputation for identifying market inflections ahead of consensus and is looking for a Healthcare Researcher to join its global team. This individual will work closely with senior researchers in the group to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to efficiently develop new relationships with healthcare industry professionals who are tuned into the latest medical advances and trends, and maintain those relationships over time. The primary responsibility of this position is conducting in-depth phone interviews with doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare industry professionals to gauge and detail the market acceptance of a variety of new medical devices, diagnostics, and therapeutics. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are other important aspects of this role, as are organizational and analytical skills, an ability to “connect the dots”, spot trends, and help identify new research ideas.
Professional & Personal Qualifications
- Strong background working in healthcare, ideally 3+ years as a nurse or as a representative for a pharmaceutical or medical device company
- Understanding of the key trends shaping healthcare today, and an ability to identify inflections in those trends
- Ability to efficiently develop and maintain new physician, surgeon, nurse practitioner, and other industry source relationships
- Well developed, positive communication skills; excellent interviewing skills with a knack for interpreting interview data and spotting discrepancies in a story.
- Experience with the financial industry a plus
- The ability to analyze and identify essential findings and draw a defendable conclusion is critical; strategize and think broadly forward
- Stellar organizational and project management skills, proactive thinking, ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work under pressure; schedule flexibility a must
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team and independently, and be comfortable working remotely; self-starter and a quick learner
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence
- This is a remote, hourly position
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Jobs@otrglobal.com.